Christmas Time in London - Shopping, Sightseeing and The Nutcracker Ballet

on
Tuesday 25 December 2018
Merry Christmas lovelies!
The most magical day of the year is here and I hope you're all having a healthy and happy time.

I thought for a special Christmas Day post I'd talk about the most Christmassy day I had in London last week.
As a birthday present my fiance booked us tickets to see 'The Nutcracker' ballet at The London Coliseum, I have wanted to see this ballet for the longest time and I couldn't believe it was finally here, I get to see Clara, The Nutcracker and The Sugar Plum Fairy in real life instead of on a screen.

We took an early train to Covent Garden to have a little shop around...We was greeted to this beautiful Christmas tree in the middle of Covent Garden, making us feel even more festive.
We took a look around the shops, the Chanel boutique was full of luxurious perfumes and beauty products. I also learnt Holly Golightly was completely right about Tiffany's, how gorgeous is their little blue box wreath?





The one place I really wanted to go to on our trip was Laduree, I have dreamt of going to this whimsical, pastries and desserts delight ever since I saw Blair Waldorf on Gossip Girl having the biggest bubble bath, whilst eating a decadent Laduree macaroon! 




We had a lovely lunch at Frankie and Benny's and as we had time before the ballet started, we decided to take a stroll through Trafalgar Square and visit Buckingham Palace, for some reason it seemed even more magical a week before Christmas, as I type this the Queen's speech is on the tv, a lovely Christmas tradition.



We walked straight to the Coliseum from Buckingham Palace and was greeted with the most beautiful building, adorned with garlands and wreaths.
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the most breathtaking ballet pointe Christmas tree, which was inspired by 'The Waltz of Flowers', the bottom started with fuschia colours and it gradually spirals up to a blush colour on top. 




I took a look in the Coliseum gift shop, as I mainly wanted to buy a programme, but at the till I saw this stunning, pink nutcracker tree decoration, I couldn't leave without it as I knew it would be perfect on my pink wonderland tree.



Other than the bits I got from the ballet, I done a couple of purchases whilst being in Covent Garden.
I have been wanting to make my first Charlotte Tilbury purchase for a while and I couldn't decide what to get, but I saw this perfume and fell in love with it, it's in the shade 'Super Cindy'.
In Laduree I chose the six macaroon pink box, two raspberry, two chocolate, one vanilla and one pistachio, I also purchased a pack of their festive biscuits for my Mum and Dad.



I hope you're all having a wonderful time and Merry Christmas!!!

Enjoy your evening...

Kellie Jo 
xxx

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment