Autumn Bucket list

on
Sunday 23 September 2018
We have truly stepped into Autumn, even though I've spent all month giving you Autumn content, it is 'officially' classed as the start of autumn this weekend, as the harvest equinox has arisen, also this week (depending on where you are in the world) we will see the 'Harvest Moon', I have kept an eye out of window the past few evenings, the moon has been clear, bright and beautiful.




I thought this would be perfect time to do my 'Autumn Bucket list', having something positive to focus on with the new season!

1| Pumpkin picking -
I always see so many beautiful pumpkin patch photos on social media every year and I haven't ever been to one! I love the idea of a cold, crisp day, with a touch of sunshine, crunching leaves with my boots, as I walk amongst the pretty pumpkins, ready to pick my own and carve at home.

2| Baking Halloween and Bonfire treats -
I love baking at any time of the year, but seasonal treats, I find something so special about making them! I have a few ideas in my head for the holidays, Halloween and bonfire night cupcakes, toffee apples, honeycomb, all the treats that take you back to your childhood over the season.

3| Autumnal walk - Grab your cosy jumper, your wellie boots and a delicious apple! This weather is a great opportunity to go outside and get some fresh air, a walk through the golden woodlands and making a start at your conker collection.

4| Bonfire night - I only have a small dislike for this holiday purely because my doggy strongly dislikes fireworks so much. I really want to go to a firework display this year, I love all the pretty skies the fireworks create! Getting all cosy in my gloves, hat and scarf, with a giant warm coat on,
a toffee apple in one hand and a sparkler in the other.

5| Watch 'Hocus Pocus' - Ever since I was as young as I can remember, one of my favourite Halloween traditions was watching Hocus Pocus every year, I now do this with my fiance and he enjoys this tradition too, we get lots of Halloween snacks to tuck into whilst we watch the movie.

6| Autumnal cosy day - Don't you just love it when you wake up to the rain tapping at the windows, you're wrapped up in cosy pjs, a big fluffy throw, then you grab a cup of tea and make the most of the lazy day ahead. I very rarely have days like this, so hopefully I can fit a few more in!

7| Update my autumn wardrobe - This involves one of my favourite hobbies, shopping!!! I know the classic colours for autumn are orange, black and darker colours, as much as I love them, I still like to add my pink touch to each season, so I'm always on the hunt for cute, pink a/w clothes!

8| Hearty soup - It's no secret I love baking, but I also love cooking too! At this time of year I love to make sweet potato or lentil soup, both so delicious and warming on the cold days, with crusty fresh bread, you could even make some toast, chop it up into small squares and make croutons.

What's on your Autumn bucket list this year?

I hope you all have a wonderful week filled with woodland walks and lots of hot chocolates!

                                                                 Kellie Jo
                                                                     xxx
4 comments on "Autumn Bucket list "
  1. Autumn fashion is deffo my fave ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! Confession: I've never seen hocus pocus! I can't wait to carve pumpkins, that's my favourite thing about Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend watching it, such a good Halloween classic!

      Delete