Autumn Baking - Pecan and Toffee Cookies

on
Monday 17 September 2018
Hello lovelies! 
I hope you've had a wonderful week, taking in the start of what Autumn has to bring. I most certainly have, by starting my week off baking a tasty autumnal treat, Pecan and toffee cookies!!
If Autumn tasted like anything (except pumpkins), these would be it.
I loved snuggling up on the sofa with my cosy throw, copious amounts of tea and snacking on one of my cookies, whilst having a Harry Potter marathon.
If you'd like to make some of these to have on a cosy Autumn evening, carry on reading!



Ingredients - 

125g Butter, softened 
100g Light brown soft sugar
125g Caster sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten 
225g Self raising flour 
1/2 tsp Salt
10 Toffee's (or however many you desire), chopped in halves
5 Pecans chopped
1-2 Pecans on top of each cookie

Method -

1. Preheat your oven to Gas Mark 4/180c
2. Mix together both caster and light brown sugar with the butter, once they are creamed together (I find this easier using a fork), combine your egg in.
3. Sift in your flour and salt to the mixture and combine, then stir in your chopped pecans and toffee halves to create your scrummy dough.
4. I like to roll my mixture into a sausage shape, then slice evenly to create neater looking circles.
5. Place each circle onto a tray of ungreased baking paper, then proceed to bake for 10 minutes, or until they have golden edges.
6. As you remove them from the oven the smell of Autumn hits the kitchen and it's a delight! Leave them to harden for a minute before placing them on a wire cooling rack.

Here are a few more pictures of my Autumn bake...



I hope despite the mini heatwave this week is suppose to bring, you have a wonderful one getting prepared for the new season. Treat yourself to a new throw, candle, a mug filled with hot chocolate or a cosy new jumper!

Let me know if you do decide to bake these, I'd love to see your versions!

Remember to follow me on my socials - 

Twitter - KellieSaunders1
Instagram - KellieSaunders1 

Kellie Jo
xxx

7 comments on "Autumn Baking - Pecan and Toffee Cookies"
  1. Looks so yummy! I can never bake cookies right, but these look so perfect.

    Caroline| http://caroomakeupblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! If you decide to try and recreate this I'd love to see how they turn out!

      Delete
  2. These look incredible! I need to try them xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Please do! I'd love to see them if you do :)

      Delete
  3. These look lovely and I bet they taste delicious too! Such an easy to follow along recipie, thanks for sharing girly!x

    FATIMAH • ROSEYGOLDBOX
    www.roseygoldbox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete