Halloween Baking - Pink and White Pumpkin Cupcakes

on
Sunday 28 October 2018



Happy Halloween lovelies! 

The huge change in weather to the chilly, cold and rainy days is certainly making me feel in the halloween spirit! I hope you're spending the lead up to Halloween and the day itself in the most festive way, full of pumpkin carving, sweeties, snuggled under a cosy blanket, watching halloween movies.

I am so excited to be showing you this post, ever since I saw Catherine Bakes do these last year I knew I wanted to re-create them myself.

Cupcake Ingredients - 
4 Free range eggs
225g/8oz Caster sugar
225g/8oz Self raising flour
2 Teaspoons of baking powder
225g/8oz Butter at room temperature 
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract

Frosting Ingredients - 
600g Icing Sugar
300g Unsalted softened butter
2 Teaspoons of vanilla extract

1 Packet of pink fondant icing
1 packet of white fondant icing

1 - Preheat the oven to 180c/160c fan/gas mark 4 and line your muffin tin with the muffin cases of your choice, I chose plain white ones.

2- Break eggs into a large mixing bowl, then add sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder, vanilla extract and butter. Mix together until it's well combined, you can do this with an electric whisk or by hand with a wooden spoon, but be careful not to over mix.

3- Place your mixture into each cupcake case and place into the pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes. Once they are cooked, place them onto a cooling rack before icing them.

4- Sift your icing sugar into a large bowl, place your butter into the bowl and add your vanilla extract too. Gradually beat together until you have them as fluffy as a cosy dressing gown. I always leave the icing in the fridge to set a bit before piping, I left this for about 40 minutes.

5- Once the icing is more pliable, place some into your pre prepared piping bag and swirl the frosting on as the first layer. This is the best piping I have achieved to date, so I was proud of myself!

6- I made 12 white pumpkins and 12 pink pumpkins, one of each per cupcake. I rolled them into medium sized balls, made a small hole at the top for the stem and gave them their pumpkin look by using a sharp knife to create their lines around.

7- Use some of the leftover fondant to make the stem, by rolling a piece between your fingers and twirl them at the top.

8- Now to make 12 fondant circle discs to separate the icing and pumpkins.
Roll out the leftover fondant with icing sugar, I placed a circle cutter on top and made 6 pink circles and 6 white ones.

9- Now the best bit, putting it all together, you have your cake, icing, now place 1 coloured fondant circle on each cake, then place a pink pumpkin and a white pumpkin on each one.

You will now have completed your girly halloween cupcakes!



Have a wonderful and safe halloween my lovelies!


Kellie Jo
xxx

Follow me on my social media platforms...

Twitter - @KellieSaunders1
Instagram - @KellieSaunders1





Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment