Top 5 Summer Beauty Essentials

on
Sunday 5 August 2018

Hello lovelies! 
I hope you're all having a wonderful summer, I cannot believe how lucky we've been with the weather, what a heatwave we are still experiencing! I have to admit, myself, I am excited for that Autumnal, crisp air...but I'll leave that for a little while yet as we still have another whole month of summer!!
With the intense heat and humidity (I have the curliest of locks, this heatwave has given me way too many Monica from Friends, on holiday hair moments. If you've seen the episode, you know what I mean!) I have been trying to have a lot more no make up days to help my skin breathe, but I am a beauty lover, so I can't go long without having the desire to pick out all my pretty beauty things and start using them.
I have narrowed down my top 5 beauty essentials for the summer. It was a hard choice, but these are the products keeping my skin glowing, yet not letting my make up go running away and keeping me smelling sweet! 


Mac Fix+  Pinklite - I have always loved Mac Fix+ the original spray, it is one of the best primer sprays to keep your make up fresh and clean looking all day. It's light on your skin and I find it never causes my skin any problems. When I saw Mac was bringing out two new fix+ sprays I couldn't contain my excitement, especially when I saw a pink, sparkly spray. Oh my goodness, I don't think I could find a primer spray anymore princess-like if I tried! When I arrived at the Mac store to pick this up, I didn't realise I was a day early! Luckily there was a very kind sales assistant who said she'd be able to sell it to me, even though it's a day early, which I was ever so grateful for. What I love about this product is the fact it's still the good old original fix+, but once I sprayed it onto my skin, it was glowing like a pink sun and also the perfect amount of glow. I even use it if I'm not going to wear any make up, just to make my skin look healthy and glowy through summer.


YSL Primer: Touche Eclat Blur Primer - Just the packaging of this product gives me complete glam vibes, YSL always do well with aesthetically pleasing products and the fact their products work beautifully make them the double threat. The consistency of this product is like a gel with sparkly, golden flex running through it, which if used together with the Mac fix+ spray I mentioned above creates the ultimate golden glow. This primer leaves a smooth, flawless base and gives easy to apply skin for your foundation or concealer and I think the finish it leaves on the skin is beautiful. 


Chanel: Coco Mademoiselle Parfum - I feel this is now a cult fragrance within the girly beauty blogger community. I never get bored or tired of smelling this scent or any Chanel perfume, their quality is impeccable and undeniable. Last summer a customer came in at work and they smelt so delightful, I had to ask what perfume they were wearing, turns out it was this one and the lady started spraying me with her's, which I was surprised and happy about, Chanel perfume is not the cheapest! I learnt that this scent lasted all day and I knew then I had to purchase it. I've been using it again this year and I'm still in love with this it. Like most people, I'm not the best at describing scents, but the best way I can is that I get hints of floral and rosey, with a deepness of Chanel no5.


Essie nail polish: Bikini with a Martini - I found this shade at The Beauty Outlet @ The Ashford Designer Outlet, it was of course a bargain as I got it at an outlet, the RRP is £7.99 and I purchased it for £3.99. I always buy Essie nail polishes as I find them reliable for any occasion, the shape of the brush is oval and makes it easy to create the best at home manicure look, the chipping on them is minimal and the consistency of the polish is just right, not too thin or thick. This shade is a baby pink with gold shimmer running through it (I'm sure you're getting I love the gold and pink theme), it's subtle, but enough to polish of a summer outfit perfectly.


Chanel: Rouge Coco Gloss Moisturising Glossimer - Shade - Douceur - Every girl needs that perfect lip gloss in their collection, the one you always fall back to in a make up crisis. This is that one! This shade works with all skin tones, it's glossy with a hint of shimmer and pinky tones. Spring, summer, autumn, winter...No matter what make up look for what season, it's beautiful! 

             I hope you all enjoyed this post and it gave you some summer shopping inspiration!

                                                                   Kellie Jo xxx
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment