Cosy, Autumn Essentials 2018

on
Sunday 9 September 2018
Hello lovelies! 
There has certainly been a change in the weather this week, there's such a nip in the air and the leaves are making a start to change into their beautiful colours. Autumn is starting to say hello...
It's transition time, putting away all the summer clothes and bringing out warmer, cosy knits, when the seasons change we change our fragrances, clothes, beauty products, trying new products for the season. I love this time of year, that transition season, I'm a total A/W person, I much prefer chillier, rainy days, than scorching hot summer days...
Today's post is going to be all about my Autumn essentials, from style and home ware, to beauty and fragrance. 


Firstly, one of my favourites...Throws/Blankets! What is nicer on a chilly, rainy, Autumnal day, than cuddling up on the sofa, with a cosy throw, pillows and a big cup of tea, whilst watching Harry Potter? This is my current collection, if I didn't restrain myself, I'd have so many I wouldn't fit them in a pretty picture. I think the best place to get a pretty, warm, thick, snuggly throw is Primark. They're so affordable and the quality is great for the price. They have all sorts from Disney characters to fluffy ones.


Cable knit jumpers are a A/W staple for me, they're so classic and chic! I love these two, white and pink is aesthetically pleasing together. I got this 'Jack Willis' pink jumper with rose gold edging in Autumn of last year and more recently picked up the cream and navy 'Ralph Lauren' cable knit, I thought the white jumper would be perfect for Winter outfits especially. The quality is impeccable and I think investing in pieces like this is definitely worth the money, as they will last for years.


I adore my 'Cath Kidston slipper socks' in 'Floral Spot', I really want to collect more as they're so pretty! They aren't fluffy socks, but they're very warm knitted ones. On the soles they also have little non slip pads, which are great on the cold kitchen floors in the chilly mornings, as I'm making a cup of tea.


Traditionally in Autumn people tend to go a lot darker, with reds, blacks, dark browns, but I'm not feeling that so much this year. I'm still loving my pinks, but I'm really enjoying the more rosey, deep pink tones. My two current favourites are 'Sally Hansen's Pink Prancer' and 'Essie's Eternal Optimist'.


I always change my beauty and fragrances through the seasons, as it turns colder our skin starts to dry out, which means extra products are needed to keep our skin feeling as soft and hydrated as we can.
I found this rose and argan body lotion in Home Bargains, it smells divine and is the perfect way to keep your skin as soft as a princess'. Keeping on this theme, our faces go through the tough process when the seasons change, one product I swear by is Chanel's 'Hydra Beauty, Blue Serum', it keeps my skin moisturised throughout all the seasons and smells beautiful. 
I find lips are forgotten about through the cold spells, they need just as much attention as the rest of our body. 'Lush's Bubblegum Lip Scrub' is my number one product for my lips during this time, then placing 'Vaseline's Rosy Lips', they leave the softest, rosy lips like an apple!
Make up wise, I love a little bit more of a darker lip, but I don't like them too dark, this lipstick from 'Estee Lauder, shade - Rose Tea' is perfect for this, just dabbing a bit on and giving them a lovely autumn tone. The name of this shade is so gorgeous too! 
I like to carry the golden glow from Summer through to Autumn, I use my 'Benefit Hoola Bronzer' to achieve this! I sweep this into the crease of my eyelid and in the alcoves of my cheek bones, to create a soft golden look like the colours of the leaves.
Last but not least, perfume! 
Last year was the first time I smelt 'White Diamonds' by Elizabeth Taylor, I really liked it from that moment, I knew it was a perfect for A/W. This is a strong scent, not subtle, but it lasts all day, which is perfect at work and the packaging is so glamorous.

What's your number one Autumn essential?  I'd love to hear in the comments!

I hope you have a wonderful week, full of cake and hot chocolate.

Kellie Jo
xxx

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment